Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I finally got my hands on a good running 1999 ZL600 with an OEM fuel pump. Tested idle running voltage at the pump: 13.5 VDC, tested the amperage draw: 1.42 AMPS!!! No wonder none of the Walbro pumps are working in these machines!! They draw 4 times as much power! I will be following up with quantum fuel systems where I bought my pump tomorrow. As of yet, I've left 2 messages and sent 3 emails to Walbro about the issue with no reply whatsoever. I guess if they Can't resolve my issue I'll have to junk the sled As the OEM pump is $900 here in Canada

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been running the Walbro pump for a 2007 M8 for a year and it's ran flawlessly. Steady voltage to the pump, plenty of pressure. I think it was a GSC404 but I can't be positive anymore. Mine came from quantum fuel systems through eBay

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
read your post had the same problem with my 1997 zr 580 efi only pump that would work was the gsc404. and it has to be a factory walbro. got one that drawed 2.6 amps and it work great. tried some that said they were 404 and they were junk. factory walbro is only one that worked for me sled running great

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same story with my 01 600efi MC. Too much amperage draw on the aftermarket pump. Walbro gsc404 was the answer. Thanks arratay123 for your help on this!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts