Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to thank you guys so far for this site it has helped me get the bugs out of this nachine, been a bunch of times in the last month i wanted to burn it to the ground ha ha, i just think it ia a finiky sled.
when i decided to get back in snowmobiles i wanted another 440zr i had a 1995 440zr and it was awsome never had a problem always kicked my self for selling that machine, the propblem with this sled i am having now is jetting i believe it is a 25 deg. and yesterday it wouldn't get up on the pipe like it did when it was colder. the mains are 350s which i think is to big?
i read the updates on here somewhere about needles and jetting can you direct me in the right direction please.
the sled is all stock with a new top end, v-force reeds and clutch stock and re-built cant seem to get this past 70 mph yesterday real boogy, i hit the choke when i was going wide open and just boged worst so i figured mains are to big.....

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Take a look at your belt cover. Does it have a jetting chart on it? Those numbers "should" be close but not always. Should get ya close to base jetting and you can go from there

Sent from somewhere in MN

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes there is a chart on air box i read somewhere on here there was a update from cat years ago. what is (jr-6dh7)
and (p4(159)) is that a part #??
mine main now is 350 i heard of guys going down to 310s that seems a ittle low..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Try play with the needles washer( washer up low mixtur washer down more riche) and take a look at your spark plug everytime you change your needle

·
Registered
15 Posts
i agree, 350,s are WAY too rich. I have been running 310's all year in central wisconsin down to -15 (saturday, burrrr!) with no problems, 90+ mph lake runs with stock pipe, V force etc. One thing that I have done is removed oil injection system, added blockoff plate w/ grease fitting and premix to 32-1 with klotz. Not one plug foul in 600+ miles so far!!Cat happy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This thing cranks now lifts the skis at 40mph and dances all the way to top. i jetted down to 330 main, needle jet p-6 down one notch to 4th from top. this should give me some more room to improve. thanks guys.this weekend test up here in old forge,ny awsome trails.......

·
Registered
124 Posts
Kolorkraft you say the trails are nice I'm from the boonville area and was planning to get up that way this week. Don't me to change this thread. As well as I must say I to believe the early zr's were the best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts