Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a dumb mistake. I under researched something and bought shocks that do not appear will work. I can not find anything specific to the 97 ZL under any searches. It was only touched on in this thread where I addressed the rear (which works great by the way.) prior discussion

Here's the deal- my little brother's 97ZL440 has nonrebuildable ryde fx shocks. I want to put fox rebuildables on there for obvious reasons. I bought a set of what were supposed to be 98 ZRT shocks (ZR1 chassis, right!?) when they came in, I think they were actually 98' ZR (ZR2 chassis) shocks as they are identical to those on my old 99'. THey look to be about 2" too long.

Someone on HCS was talking about shorter shafts and having to crank the spring all the way up due to rubbing but I can't imagine that is the best way to do this.

Has anone replaced the front shocks on a 97' ZL with fox? What year fox shocks will fit? I would think those from a 97 ZR would fit but that dude on HCS said it's not that easy.

If this isn't going to work, anyone want a couple fox shocks supposedly rebuilt last year for $100 including shipping?

Anyone know where to get some ryde fx replacements cheap?

I really don't want to put a lot of work into this if I can avoid it as it's not my sled.

any help is appreciated as always,
Joe

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
i have a set of front shocks for a 97 zl from works performance, that you can buy for 75.00 but they need to be rebuild , and one shaft needs to be replaced it has small pits on the shaft, they came off of my sons zl 440

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am definitly interested but have never heard of Works Performance. (I looked them up on the net but not much info.) Where would I get these shocks rebuit? I have more shocks to send to deycore.com so I can ask them if they will do them. Do you have pics of these shocks?

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have the sled to look at unfortunately. I'm planning on doing this rather than have my Dad wait until February to get around to it for him.

The 97 ZL must not be a very popular sled. lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts