Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear suspension sags about 4 inches in the relaxed position. They are the OEM from 1997 so I'm sure they are spent! I bought new springs off eBay (Kimpex) and they not only were 2 inches short but 1 spring bent just prying the spring into place. So I'm looking for Fat Boy springs or a set that will carry myself and a passenger without having my overloads in position. I searched on here about the fat boy springs and see many with them but no clue how to order. I do have new shocks in the skid. Anyone that knows where to order heavy springs could you please respond... I'm open to other suggestions also. Thanks in advance!………..

·
Registered
284 Posts
My rear suspension sags about 4 inches in the relaxed position. They are the OEM from 1997 so I'm sure they are spent! I bought new springs off eBay (Kimpex) and they not only were 2 inches short but 1 spring bent just prying the spring into place. So I'm looking for Fat Boy springs or a set that will carry myself and a passenger without having my overloads in position. I searched on here about the fat boy springs and see many with them but no clue how to order. I do have new shocks in the skid. Anyone that knows where to order heavy springs could you please respond... I'm open to other suggestions also. Thanks in advance!………..
Somewhere on this site is a chart with Arctic Cat spring part #'s listed from softest to hardest. Just get your original Arctic Cat Spring part # and do a search here for that chart.

·
Registered
10,129 Posts
97 Pantera's use 1704-300 / 301. Use this chart to find thicker springs. Find spring angle of 83 degrees or less. A higher degree will sag in your sled. Longer springs at either end can be cut. Watch the coil width cause you can't go over.
BTW, new springs, although yours are discontinued, do make a difference but you still should use the overloads. They're there for a reason.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't see the 1704-300/301 springs on that chart. Am I missing something? I thank you just the same!!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
660catman I think I understand those numbers were for reference...…..I'll measure my springs and get a coil count and width. THEN try to find a set????

·
Registered
10,129 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts