Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 1997 440 f/c jag that i need to find a new/used crank for, can anyone tell me what years are compatible with this sled i was going to have this one rebuilt but was going to cost me $200 just to have the crank split been looking around but dont have a clue to what other models are going to match up. any help would be great wife & kids are really starting to get on me about getting this thing running! :sos:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thanks AzCats big help really opened up my options,now maybe i'll have some better luck shopping for that crank. hope to have it ready by 3rd week of january so we can take it on vacation any idea where i can find A used one cheap

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
I just put a motor in my Boss's Jag. He picked up a brand new Cat 440 for like a $1000 complete. He got it through one of the Cat dealers in Manitoba. He said Cat is clearing them out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks slick, but now im throwing around some other ideas, anybody out there point me in the right direction? Quedtion #1 whats the biggest motor that i can put in the jag chassis without too many mods & question #2 how much work am i looking at to convert from fan cooled to L/Q? I know that i need heat exchangers but what else do i need besides the motor. Getting hard too find parts for the fan cooled. bang your head

1 - 4 of 4 Posts