Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 1997 EXT600 and I'm having an issue where the MAG exhaust pipe keeps popping out of place where it connects to the cylinder. That pipe also sits on that bracket and I don't know if there's supposed to be something that goes around the pipe and connects to the bracket or not. I know there's springs that hold them in place but I cant figure out where the spring that connects to the center pipe goes. Please help!!! thank you.
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Bumper
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Trunk Tread

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I have a 1997 EXT600 and I'm having an issue where the MAG exhaust pipe keeps popping out of place where it connects to the cylinder. That pipe also sits on that bracket and I don't know if there's supposed to be something that goes around the pipe and connects to the bracket or not. I know there's springs that hold them in place but I cant figure out where the spring that connects to the center pipe goes. Please help!!! thank you. View attachment 372796 View attachment 372795
This is a triple by the way. Just making it clear.

· Registered
341 Posts
On my 1000 triples there is a little piece down low called BRKT,WIREFORM-EXP. CHAMBER-PTD BLK that my PTO pipe spring connects to. Yours shows a spring on the PTO pipe also but clearly in your picture it is on the center pipe. Is that pipe possibly in the wrong place and should be on the PTO. The pipe that needs a spring would be the last one on top? You have to find a place to attach it

The pipe bracket does have a hole in it and I have seen people put a single spring around the mag cylinder pipe but I have not found that necessary. It does not come that way.

In your schematic I included It shows the spring on the PTO pipe but does not show where it attaches down below, maybe on the mag pipe bracket?

Attachments

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's another one showing pipe orientation
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Lifebuoy Exhaust manifold

This is perfect. This photo shows the horseshoe tab on the center pipe but no spring. Is there supposed to be one there at all??? I know where the pto pipe spring goes. It goes straight down to a tab on the frame. I figured the center pipe would do the same but there is no tab straight down from it.

I wonder if it's supposed to connect to the tab on the frame for the pto pipe?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts