Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have uploaded newly edited videos of repairs on my '97 Bearcat 454. I took down the old ones, and added some text comments. I also am working on putting all clips related to one area into one video, like a video detailing the front differential. I have five up so far, and am working on more. Hope they might end up being useful to somebody else.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
cool! hopefully these will be useful to people on here!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Did the pervious owner mention how they broke it? We have a 97 454 and beat the ever living crap out of it on the trail and have never broken a knuckle. We've destroyed a ball joint before, but never an actual knuckle.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did the pervious owner mention how they broke it? We have a 97 454 and beat the ever living crap out of it on the trail and have never broken a knuckle. We've destroyed a ball joint before, but never an actual knuckle.
I bought it off a young man who had just bought it off a guy a couple weeks before he sold it to me. He did not have any history for me, and I think he bought it partialy broken, and was driving that way! This was one of my favorite projects because it started out as a basket case, and ended up being a great running (albeit ugly) machine. With it's full time 4wd, and regular manual transmission (no CVT, or belt drive) this thing was like an army tank! Alas, I needed to make room, and after fixing up my Kawasaki Grizzly, I sold the Bearcat. But I will never forget that machine, and have lots of respect for the people who made it. If I were shopping new quads, I would say I'd gravitate towards an Arctic Cat, even though my current ride is a Grizzly.

Regards,
Steve W.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.