Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I'm fairly new to snowmobiles and have only owned my first arctic cats for 2 weeks now. All my sleds are pretty much beaters. I bought them for the kids to bomb around the 120 acres my buddy and I own.

Anyhow, I'm loving this zr580, it is probably the best running and driving sled I've got here. Anyhow, I bought it and a parts sled from a guy, got this one all back together and all is great, except both intake boot/air silencers are torn. It looks as if they are discontinued and while I'm finding used ones, I'm guessing it won't take long for them to end up in the same shape.

Is there an aftermarket for these sleds, or are they just to old? What are my options, or are used parts the only game. I was thinking of fabbing up a intake with a cone filter or something, but it would be easier to buy aftermarket if there is a source.

Thank you for your time!
Jason

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
I've heard of people using newer versions of the boots that are available and then cutting them down to size. Not many options really.

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
i have a big trailer of parts i got with a few sleds i bought.
new and used parts.
i might be able to find some cheap for you.
do you have the old ones measurements?
inlet size and amount of bolt holes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a big trailer of parts i got with a few sleds i bought.
new and used parts.
i might be able to find some cheap for you.
do you have the old ones measurements?
inlet size and amount of bolt holes.
Thank you for the offer, I'll take some pictures with measurements tomorrow morning and get back with you.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I have resorted to patching mine up with rubber cement and bicycle tube pieces. Sometimes I'll add a layer of duct tape for extra protection and durability. Just be extrat carefull putting it back on to not stress the repaired areas and break the patch bond. If you end up going to the uni-pod filters, remember to re-jet for the new tuning conditions.

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
i have a king cat 900 twin whole airbox.
i wonder if you can use a newer style air box with the newer boot style?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts