Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there!

First time poster and snowmobile owner. Acquired a 1996 ZR 580 Efi. Sled operates well. The seat needed to be refurbished. I pulled it part and will be getting that taken care of BUT in the process wires were removed from the console (location of the ignition switch, tether and warmer switch) and need to know exactly how the wires are installed on the warmer switch.

There are also a couple of red wires with connectors under the console that weren't connected to anything that I'm aware of. One is solid red and the other, red with a black stripe.

I checked the 90-98 manual and there are some "Main harness" diagrams but nothing that tells how the wires connect to the warmer switch.

Any guidance is much appreciated...

Andrew C.

·
Registered
870 Posts
there should be yellow wires to the warmers and a brow wire (ground) to the switch as well as a green wire to the switch. At least that is how they are wired in my 95 zrt
also the switch has 4 connectors on the end with the two tabs one is green wire one is double black the brown is in the middle and the single black is on the end with the single tab the green goes to the indicator light and the black wires go to the warmers

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here a pic from the 96 Manual

Here is what I'm working with... The wires are a little different. Not 100% sure on the connections as I can only see a bit of the wring diagram.

My green wire has a piggy back connector as well.

After that, here are a couple of wires that are just loose.. Not connected to anything. Ideas on both photos?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,301 Posts

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,301 Posts
I believe the red ones are for electric start. Let me know if you need more pics because my 95 has a 96 580 EFI system in it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks you! Im curious though as I have 2 sets of double black wires. One one.must go on the pigtail green wire? Okay. So they gave the wiring option in for electric start? Very cool. Might have to look into that.

Question, do you have both hand warmers and a thumb warmer?

Also there is another yellow wire over by those two red ones. Could that also be for an electric start system?

·
Premium Member
4,301 Posts
Yup hand and thumb. My green wire doesn't have a second wire connected to it. It's the signal wire for the light in the gauges

The set of double black with the small black wire (total of 3 wires) connects to a double yellow wire by the steering post

·
Premium Member
4,301 Posts
No problem!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts