Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quad mentioned above 96 Artic Cat 300 2x4 that my son saved his money for and purchased with my help, however it’s needs an entire rebuild kit. The Cat is at my brothers house who is capable of fixing it, however he’s saying he’s having a hard time finding the rebuild kits. Can anyone point me into he right direction, would love for my son to be able to ride it.

·
Administrator
41,135 Posts
I doubt you will find a “ kit”.

·
Registered
13,255 Posts
As I said in your other post in someone else’s thread, you need to confirm year as there’s no such year. There’s no kit as you need to order only what you really need.

·
Administrator
41,135 Posts
This has been moved to the correct forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As I said in your other post in someone else’s thread, you need to confirm year as there’s no such year. There’s no kit as you need to order only what you really need.
after you said that i asked my brother to confirm and that’s what he told me again. Is there a way to find out ?

·
Registered
13,255 Posts
after you said that i asked my brother to confirm and that’s what he told me again. Is there a way to find out ?
Post the first 10 digits of the serial number.

·
Administrator
41,135 Posts
1998 was the first year for the 300. As 660catman said it’s not a 1996

Reactions: 660catman

·
Registered
13,255 Posts
The 10th digit is a W indicating it’s a 1998

Reactions: doorfx

·
Registered
13,255 Posts
If you need a top and bottom end parts can add up quick. Have you tried sourcing a used motor complete. It’s a Suzuki motor used from 98-02 in a Suzuki and 98-05 in a Cat.
What do you need in the bottom end? Is top end just piston/rings you need?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you need a top and bottom end parts can add up quick. Have you tried sourcing a used motor complete. It’s a Suzuki motor used from 98-02 in a Suzuki and 98-05 in a Cat.
What do you need in the bottom end? Is top end just piston/rings you need?
Font Communication Device Screenshot Material property Multimedia

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That’s what my brother said now after telling him what you’ve said. I know you don’t know me, and time is important to us all. I really do appreciate you taking the time to try to help me with this, because i’m lost with it. My son saved his money and bought a honda dirtbike, i bought him all riding gear etc, he rode it once and ran it into a tree, and he just didn’t ride it after that, so i traded it for th is artic cat and it ran and everything when i got it. it needed a carb, i found one finally and replaced it, it started right up and then it started spraying oil, and here we are over a year later:( i’m just really trying to get my boy on it. He’s 15 now. so i’m running out of time with him on it. :(. So if you can help me find these parts and i can get it fixed i would be forever grateful. Thank you sir for your time in this matter

·
Registered
13,255 Posts
I cannot properly diagnose what's happening and have no idea what you mean by spraying oil. Where from? If you can't handle it yourself you may need to find a powersports mechanic to look at it. You really need a proper diagnosis before you look for parts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts