Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have a 1995 ZR 700. I just bought this sled about a month ago. I LOVE this sled and have had as much fun as there was winter left on it. I just have a few questions and I figured maybe you guys coudl help.

1. One of the clamps on the bumper around the fron has let go of the body. From what I can see, to fix this one most remove the plastic center out of the entire bumper to get at it. My question is is this so, and if so how does one go about removing and replacing that center strip? I thought maybe a heat gun would do it but frankly it looks like it is VERY hard to do.

2. How much antifreeze should be in the reservoir when it is cold and what type of antifreez shoudl be used. What is the mix if i have to mix it myself.

3. The sled has dial a jets on it and i was wondering if anyone knows of any place where i can get information on them as to how to set and adjust them.

4. Is it worth it to get the seat recovered or is it just as effective to buy a seat cover straight from arctic cat?

5. Woudl this sled be a good candidate for a 2 up seat? If so should I go with a aftermarket attached 2 up or is there an interchangable 2 up seat from a different cat of that year.

6. For some reason the fuel will drain back on the carbs if it sits very long and takes MANY pulls to start if this happens. If i turn off the fuel this will not happen and is no longer an issue. My question here is why woudl this be happening?

Hows that for a first post? I am new to this. My last sled was a 77 panther. I never had to work on it much because it just NEVER died. It was awesome. But when this sled came along it was to good a deal to pass up. Now I just have to learn how to get her tuned up and learn more about my machine. I tell ya, it sure rides smoother than my old 77. I can only imagine what the new sleds ride like. I know this one thing for sure, I AM ADDICTED!!!!

Thanks for any help you can give me here.

Travis

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
For question number 1, I suspect it's just a rubber insert if it's like my 95 zrt. If you have endcaps on your bumper, just pull them off and the rubber insert would be a press fit, just pull it out of the bumper. Afterwards you can press it back it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My dial a jetts have 5 settings. I set my jetting for average temp days with the dial a jetts on the middle setting. When my jetting is set properly it gives me 2 settings richer and 2 settings leaner from the middle setting.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do you recall which way to turn them for leaner or richer? clockwise, counter clockwise? mine are roughly set at the middle right now i think. I think i recall little dots on them aswell for a turning mark.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TravisInkster @ Mar 11 2007, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
OK, I have a 1995 ZR 700. I just bought this sled about a month ago. I LOVE this sled and have had as much fun as there was winter left on it. I just have a few questions and I figured maybe you guys coudl help.

1. One of the clamps on the bumper around the fron has let go of the body. From what I can see, to fix this one most remove the plastic center out of the entire bumper to get at it. My question is is this so, and if so how does one go about removing and replacing that center strip? I thought maybe a heat gun would do it but frankly it looks like it is VERY hard to do.

Remove the end cap which is held inplace by a single phillips screw on the back side of the cap. You may have to loosen the nut that attaches the aluminum hoop to the frame comng up from the foot wells. with the end cap removed you just peel the rub strip out of the aluminum extrusion.

2. How much antifreeze should be in the reservoir when it is cold and what type of antifreez shoudl be used. What is the mix if i have to mix it myself.

Reservoir should be about half full when cold. My 94 would not hold coolant in the bottle, but it was always full in the filler neck and never had overheating problems. Use aluminum compatible antifreeze, the green stuff. The pre-mixed stuff is the easiest to use.

3. The sled has dial a jets on it and i was wondering if anyone knows of any place where i can get information on them as to how to set and adjust them.

Go to the Thunder Products web site to see what info they have on the Dial-a-Jets. The SnowTech Magazine web site may also have an article in their archives that my be helpful.

4. Is it worth it to get the seat recovered or is it just as effective to buy a seat cover straight from arctic cat?

Either. Do which ever you can afford, or want topay for.

5. Woudl this sled be a good candidate for a 2 up seat? If so should I go with a aftermarket attached 2 up or is there an interchangable 2 up seat from a different cat of that year.

You can get a Cat two up seat to fit. You may want to look to the wrecking yards for that.

6. For some reason the fuel will drain back on the carbs if it sits very long and takes MANY pulls to start if this happens. If i turn off the fuel this will not happen and is no longer an issue. My question here is why woudl this be happening?

This is often the cause of the inlet needle and seat in the carb not closing. These shoud be replaced because it can cause flooding of the engine even when running, which leads to poor performance and fuel consumption.

Hows that for a first post? I am new to this. My last sled was a 77 panther. I never had to work on it much because it just NEVER died. It was awesome. But when this sled came along it was to good a deal to pass up. Now I just have to learn how to get her tuned up and learn more about my machine. I tell ya, it sure rides smoother than my old 77. I can only imagine what the new sleds ride like. I know this one thing for sure, I AM ADDICTED!!!!

Thanks for any help you can give me here.

Travis[/b]

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TravisInkster @ Mar 14 2007, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Do youknow of any sled wreckers in Sask now days. I know the guy in North Battleford closed up a couple years ago and I have not needed used parts since.[/b]
You could try Nelson's RV in Birch Hills, 749-2897. Another possibility could be Spruce Home Parts & Recreation, 764-8208. I owuld also suggest you call some dealers. My dealer, Riverside Arctic Cat , 1-800-914-6422, wrecked a lot of their old used inventory last year. I don't know if Don's Speed Parts, in Wainwright, AB, would ahve stuff, but they are a big dealer and might be worth checking out. Brown's, in Yorkton, may even list somethingn like that on their web site. Brown's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.