Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 700 efi motor that I want to put in my 94 zr 700 but I need the ecu. I found one, the part # is 3004-943 (604) yellow dot. The injectors on my motor are yellow dot is this all I need to know?

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
That tells you the ECU matches the injectors. What happened to the ZR engine? The Wildcat engine will be down about 10 horses from the ZR engine, but I don't know how much you'll be able to tell the power loss from the seat of your pants.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still have the zr engine, I have two 95 580 efi's and like how they are always spot on or at least feel like it. It seems like every time i'm out riding it's 28 degrees out but then goes to 20 below at night. I am jetted for low temp and when its warm out it doesn't run well, i'm probable loosing more than 10 horse by running fat and besides I hate changing jets.
Are the ecu's and cid's interchangeable with 580 and 700 sleds of the same year?

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gerjamr @ Dec 2 2009, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I still have the zr engine, I have two 95 580 efi's and like how they are always spot on or at least feel like it. It seems like every time i'm out riding it's 28 degrees out but then goes to 20 below at night. I am jetted for low temp and when its warm out it doesn't run well, i'm probable loosing more than 10 horse by running fat and besides I hate changing jets.
Are the ecu's and cid's interchangeable with 580 and 700 sleds of the same year?[/b]
The simple answer to your problem is a Tempa-Flow. It provides automatic compensation for air temperature on carbed engines, and it works fantastic. It is the second best money I've spent on my sled. You would give up 10 horse going from the ZR 700 to the Wildcat EFI 700. I doubt the ECU's and CDI's interchange between the 580 and 700. Check the part numbers on the online parts micro fiche to find out for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts