Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Had a 95. Good sleds. Stock primary clutches were junk...it'll probably have to be replaced cuz it sucks performance big-time. Stick a newer style Cat clutch on there and you wont regret it. Short-travel rear suspension....not too bad but not as good as 97 and up ETT. Fox shocks will need to be rebuilt. As with all Cats, check the carb boots for cracks or you'll fry a piston. Mine was clutched and jetted and ran 101 mph on radar. Pretty good for a 15 year old sled. Reliable and not bad on gas either.

Adam.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Awesome sled indeed. I have over 5000 miles on mine and just bought new jugs for it last week, and the sled didnt even really need them.. The primary clutch usually need to be rebuilt at several thousand miles. The vibration from the motor takes it toll. But parts are everywhere for these things.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've had mine since 95 and love the sled. The suspension is out dated but I'm going to be changing this, thanks to this forum! Other than what's already been stated, one problem that I had was the tunnel under the driven clutch was cracked and motor mount and jack shaft bearing bracket cracked. I'm in the middle of fixing all this, also a lot of loose rivets to replace. I had to do this to my 580's also. Last that I could think of is a sore thumb, those carb slids are heavy!

·
Registered
218 Posts
The "old" 700 had plenty of power. I had 93 Wildcat, efi, electric fuel pump that needed a good battery to start it, not electric start.

They used a lot of oil, quart to 6 gallons of gas approximately, so carry extra oil with you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts