Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

I have a 1994 Puma 340 Deluxe (fan). I am diagnosing the electrical issue I am having and would like to bypass the kill switch.

The wiring coming from the kill switch is a 2-way plug, unlike my 1996 Z440 which is a 3-way plug. I am assuming here that my 1996 Z440 has the throttle safety switch representing one of the wires on the 3-way plug, whereas on the Puma, it does not have the TSS wire.

Note: I am getting spark to the spark plugs when I use the bypass plug on the 4-way plug coming out of the stator. My question is just about bypassing the kill switch at the 2-way plug. I know now that electrical non-spark issues can lie anywhere and everywhere throughout the electrical system. But that's not my question.

So my 2-part question is:

1. When I plug the bypass plug into the 2-way plug from the motor to the kill switch, I get no spark when I pull it over. Am I plugging this in properly?

2. When I connect a external wire (with an alligator clip on each end of the wire) from the black wire on the 2-way plug to chassis ground, I get spark at the spark plugs. I know this should be telling me something, I'm just not sure what. Does anybody know or have an idea?

I have uploaded 4 pictures.
1. Picture of the 2-way plug
2. Picture of the AC factory bypass plug
3. Picture of the bypass plug plugged into the 2-way plug (no spark condition)
4. Picture of the alligator wire inserted into the 2-way plug (have spark)

Any opinion or feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Frank

Attachments

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
I'm wondering if you are missing the ground connection. Do you see a single wire coming off the stator with a bullet style connector and is it plugged in? As far as the bypass that should so the trick.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
On that sled, you have to make a good connection through the whole circuit in order for the sled to run, That means through the kill switch, ignition switch, and the lanyard (if you have one.) You weren't doing the kill switch bypass test with the key ignition switch off were you? Bypassing at the connector coming out of the stator bypasses everything, the bypass plug used on the kill switch should only bypass the kill switch itself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts