Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 94' (actually i believe it's a 95') Prowler 2-up and looking to replace the steel skis with plastic. Does anyone have anyone have input as to what skis to use and where I could purchase them?
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
If it's a 94, it will have aluminum spindles. If aluminum, plastic ski's will fit with mods to spindle bushings. Bushings are 2 pieces pressed into spindle. Cut the bushings so they are flush with spindle. I installed the cheap blow molded ski's onto my 93 Pantera. You can actually get the better saddleless ski's if you want. I went with a cheaper alternative at the time.

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
I bought mine from a Cat dealer. They had mounting brackets, bolts, rubbers(although used originals) and carbides included. Not 100% sure on MFG supply ones. They say will not work with original mounting brackets. Mounting extra and so are carbides.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Can't really beat the blow molded ski's for the price. I bought a pair from Ebay off a ZR of some type for around $75 with mounts and like new carbides. The little puma loves them! They do make a bit more sound on the snow than the old steel ski with a skin. They are noticeably lighter in the steering too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks guys, my 94 cougar 2up is in desperate need of at least one new ski. Glad to know I can upgrade!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
skills4lou
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing