Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For now I have a few more questions / issues one o the fuel pump Screens on the filter got a small tear in it when trying to install back in the cat.
1.) Can I glue with something that will hold up in the gas- super glue, Indian head gasket cement, something else
2.) Or can I just use one of the pump screens, and eliminate the one to the rear of the sled. I guess that is for when you are climbing hills and such.
3.) I forgot to mark the fuel lines, which one goes to the right side of the EFI rail, I presume is the main line and the connection on the right side of the rail is the return line…?
4.) The red and purple electrical wire going to the ignition has a connection I could not pull all the way apart, is that just a connection or is there a fuse there. IF a fuse is it a normal buss fuse or something special.
Thanks in advance

Sorry this a 1994 700EFI Wildcat (currently a bad cat)

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
For now I have a few more questions / issues one o the fuel pump Screens on the filter got a small tear in it when trying to install back in the cat.
1.) Can I glue with something that will hold up in the gas- super glue, Indian head gasket cement, something else
2.) Or can I just use one of the pump screens, and eliminate the one to the rear of the sled. I guess that is for when you are climbing hills and such.
3.) I forgot to mark the fuel lines, which one goes to the right side of the EFI rail, I presume is the main line and the connection on the right side of the rail is the return line…?
4.) The red and purple electrical wire going to the ignition has a connection I could not pull all the way apart, is that just a connection or is there a fuse there. IF a fuse is it a normal buss fuse or something special.
Thanks in advance

Sorry this a 1994 700EFI Wildcat (currently a bad cat)
Just find a used smart valve or get a new one. You need both of those in the tank. A efi set up relies on fuel pressure at all times to keep the motor supplied. If the single valve loses gas the smart valve closes so it does not suck air creating a lean condition and causing a burn down. The connection you are talking about I am guessing is just that, a connection and should just pull apart. You can look at a parts look up on cat sites such as browns leisure world and it should show you enough to make out what it is. The right side should be the return. It should have arrows or marks on the pump that will show for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts