Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello folks, my grandfather has an ext 580 efi Mountain Cat and so far nothing but problems. the sled is in mint shape but endless problems with fuel system. he will work at it untill he can figure it out and i was hoping if a you guys could help speed up his work time. ok so heres the problems! when i start it it idles up to 3500 rpm down to the point where it justabout dies then back up to 2500 rpm then down to about 1500 not a major problem but maybe theirs a solution take off it has terribe bogg and takes a whil to go if you pin it it bogs a bit then takes off once past 5000 rpm it goes away and finally cruising at about 4500 rpm throttle at the same place it boggs out doesnt stop but slows down the sled quite a bit then goes away once you giver **** again. at any other speed it doesnt do that i know my grammer is bad but im in a hurry were way up north and internet sucks.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
The computer should blink codes. If you do not have any I would check the fuel pump and make sure it is pumping good. To do this take the line off the infeed side of the fuel rail and put it in a can and start the pump. You may have a lot of water in the tank or your screens could be plugging.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
First off, is the battery in good condition and fully charged?

Next I would check fuel pressure at the rail. You will need a pressure gauge, some 1/4" reinforced hose and clamps, and a T fitting.
You should be getting a steady 36.2 to not more than 38 psi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.