Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i have a 1994 ext 580 carb, and i am putting a gps on it for a trip soon, and i need a 12 v outlet to power it. Otherwise i will use my fish finder battery and make a bracket. I know on the wiring diagram it has a optional accessory plug, but i dont know where it is. Thanks for the help in advance

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Hey guys, i have a 1994 ext 580 carb, and i am putting a gps on it for a trip soon, and i need a 12 v outlet to power it. Otherwise i will use my fish finder battery and make a bracket. I know on the wiring diagram it has a optional accessory plug, but i dont know where it is. Thanks for the help in advance
The pod where the key goes? Remove that and there should be a 2 prong plug with a cover plug on it

·
Premium Member
3,377 Posts
the pod he is talking about is for ac voltage from the stator.
if your sled has a battery you can install one of these.

you will have to drill a hole in your machine plastic to install

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the pod he is talking about is for ac voltage from the stator.
if your sled has a battery you can install one of these.

you will have to drill a hole in your machine plastic to install
It does not have a battery as it is carbed, but i did find the ac output. Would i be able to use a generic rectifier to convert it to dc?

·
Premium Member
3,377 Posts
sort of
you would need one.
we did make our own on this thread.
it for sure is on the shelf in the garage not used as we have sleds with batteries now

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sort of
you would need one.
we did make our own on this thread.
it for sure is on the shelf in the garage not used as we have sleds with batteries now

Perfect, thank you so much

1 - 9 of 9 Posts