Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a puma 340. Right as the clutch grabs the rpms drop and the sled bogs and then shuts off. After it shuts off it doesn't want to start back up. Anybody know what might be wrong? Thanks!

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
A full carb clean may be what it needs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually just did a carb clean. It idles fine, but when I give it gas, and the clutch engages, the thing bogs then shuts off. It seems like the clutch is squirly because sometimes it engages at 4500 and then sometimes at 3500. I think the carb is fine, because when I pick the sled off the ground and give it gas with no load it revs no problem and no bogging.

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
Then your clutch is sticking. Have you ever serviced it? Stuck rollers, flattened cam arms or even a broken spring. Ideally would be to take it off (puller needed) and take it apart (no special tools needed).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually recently bought it. The guy said it was ready to run for the year and this is when I knew absolutely nothing about sleds, and before I took a small engines class in school.So no, it hasn't had the service it probably needed. I was kinda fooled into buying it lol. I will take a look at it and will let you know if it works once I service it.Thanks for the help man, much appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts