Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wildcat is bogging down, i ride a hole day no problems and next time it bogs, very finiky. i wants to go like hell sometimes and other times i can barely get it to go. seams like i runs on one cylinder sometimes. just got into sledding two years ago , and i love it. need to get one more year out of her and next year upgrade. any help would be great.

·
Registered
9 Posts
have you had your carbs cleaned and adjusted?? My 440 was like that until my buddy cleaned the jets and choke cables. Need to be completley tore apart and cleaned not just soked. A torch tip cleaner works great for the jets. Fuel pump moght be checked too.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
If the problem persists after cleaning the carbs, heres something else to consider. Any snow or moisture getting under the hood or on the wiring? I have this problem sometimes when running off the trails in deeper snow. It cuts out or runs on one cylinder. Outside temp also seems to have an effect on how it runs. Runs like crap on warm days.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i will check the carbs for sure. i have a cdi box and coil coming today i want to change them also. thanks for the reply. i will update soon

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
I changed the CDI and coils and it did nothing. I have an extra set form my 95 ZR700. You can have them for free if you want. That problem was in my handlebars the throttle cut out switch. Look on the ZR forum. The thread is pinned to the top.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts