Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soon im getting a 115hp 2.8l v6 from an s10, its fairly small for a v6, ive heard of some old smallblock chevy swaps but what about a v6? my current engine is done for, is it worth a try?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Just how do you plan on hooking a belt/clutch on a engine that uses a trans.? Stick w/ some type of sled engine, even if its a diff type.
(back away from the bottle) :goodmod: :wow2:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was gonna change clutch engagement and regear a lot. if i go with a go kart im still gonna use a snowmobile clutch

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zachattack2795 @ Nov 10 2009, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i was gonna change clutch engagement and regear a lot. if i go with a go kart im still gonna use a snowmobile clutch[/b]
anything is poss.. Its just not your best choice of motors for a sled. The weight of it, and a car batt., the thing would be a tank. Your 115 hp would be down to 70 or less. Find a zrt 600 or 800 tripple motor and get over 100 hp w/ alot less weight and hassle.

·
Registered
203 Posts
100% not possible. That chassie wraps around the motor like the newer sleds. The V6 would simply not fit.

·
Registered
203 Posts
100% not possible. That chassie wraps around the motor like the newer sleds. The V6 would simply not fit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts