Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I take a 340 from a 1979 Jag and put it into a 1992 Arctic cat Lynx? I have an opportunity to possibly acquire a free mint lynx body and figured since it has a 340 in it (bearing issue) that it could be swapped for the 340 free air out of a 1979 jag..

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I really need to know the answer to this before I proceed any further with my transaction for the 1992 Lynx I am looking to acquire.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the primary question I have is whether or not the spacing on the clutch side would line up?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nobody has a 1992 arctic cat lynx that can help me?

·
Registered
1 Posts
lynx issue

I have a 91 and can measure it for you. If not I would buy it from you as my son hit a tree and damaged his sled this year and is pretty bummed about it. scott

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may have uneven cheaper alternative, I have a 1979 Arctic Cat eltigre liquid. Cosmetically beat but a great running machine

·
Registered
474 Posts
Because of the hood design on the '92 Lynx, this is not a good idea. FA engines need a lot of air. Now you should be able to install any 340 fan cooled engine that is a Suzuki or Spirit and be fine from 1979 to last year made. As far as I know, all the bottom ends were the same on that engine for almost 20 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts