Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've put about 100 miles on the old gal with that new skid, and the difference is amazing. I can actually sit on the seat and cover some rough terrain and not break a tailbone. Also jumped a few snowbanks and been able to land without getting thrown off. If anybody actually wants to ride an old sled... Swap in a newer Skid.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just got a 92 Jag 440 fan for $600 for the wife and kids. Its in mint condition with 2500 miles but wife is getting beat up by the trails. I was wondering how much you had to modify things to get that skid in there or if it just bolted right in? Also can i just find taller shock and spring for front or will I need wider a-arms to?

·
Administrator
19,984 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jeffmsu @ Sep 11 2007, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i bought a 91 EXT new in 91, added the hood scoop myself. The scoop also came stock in the 91-92 Wildcat EFI that was in the AFS chassis! :beer_cheers:[/b]
Just noting for future references :chug:

·
Banned
1,274 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C-note @ Jan 19 2010, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jeffmsu @ Sep 11 2007, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i bought a 91 EXT new in 91, added the hood scoop myself. The scoop also came stock in the 91-92 Wildcat EFI that was in the AFS chassis! :beer_cheers:[/b]
Just noting for future references :chug:
[/b][/quote]

that is same scoop i have on my w/c .. always wondered where it came from .

·
Registered
64 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainhalo @ Jan 19 2010, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I just got a 92 Jag 440 fan for $600 for the wife and kids. Its in mint condition with 2500 miles but wife is getting beat up by the trails. I was wondering how much you had to modify things to get that skid in there or if it just bolted right in? Also can i just find taller shock and spring for front or will I need wider a-arms to?[/b]
Front holes needed to be moved, but the new holes still ended up on the factory tunnel reinforcement plates. The rear mounting holes needed to be moved forward and new reinforcement plated had to be riveted to the tunnel. It was pretty easy only took an hour or two. Most time consuming part was getting the track tension and alignment just right.

Next weekend plan is for a 136" track and rail extensions to get swapped in. Almost done... now to get a piece of aluminum extend the tunnel a bit to keep the snow off my back.

·
Registered
508 Posts
[attachment=154574:IMG_0097.JPG]Here is my 91 EXT, bought her new in DEC 1990. I have 9,860 miles on her,upgraded to a 96 zrt rear skid, 1 inch track, Kimpex gold shocks up front and 22-40 gear. Engine is stock other than the Boysen reeds in it.[attachment=154573:IMG_0099.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got a 98 ZL rear skid swapped under the 91 finally. From a quick ride in the grass it is smooth as silk. Now we need more snow.

What are the measurments you used from center of your suspension bolts i was thinking about putting a 2000 zl suspension in my 1990 eltigre 530 ext and not sure on where to mount it.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Got a 98 ZL rear skid swapped under the 91 finally. From a quick ride in the grass it is smooth as silk. Now we need more snow.

What are the measurments you used from center of your suspension bolts i was thinking about putting a 2000 zl suspension in my 1990 eltigre 530 ext and not sure on where to mount it.
would be more and likely the same measurments as the 91 w/98 skid

·
Registered
721 Posts
1991 Wild Cat 700 with my daughter as we road 42 miles for lunch back in 92 .

The second braking trail, not the best sled for that.

The last out on a lake in Northern Maine with it's twin. One serial number apart.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
can i stuff a 1998 zr 500 skid under a 89 ext el tigre? is it still just drilling a couple holes and riveting a plate in? how thick should the plate be? and how big do i make that plate?

both sleds take a 15x121 track i believe

21 - 40 of 41 Posts