Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1991 arctic cat lynx 340 fc
Worked great all winter ... last week it just shut off in the middle of a ride and would not restart. Dragged it to my garage (heated). Couldn't work on it then but 3 days later I just tried it and it started up 2nd pull. Wasn't able to ride then but today I tried to go and it would not start. I tested both plugs (new from 1 month ago) -- no spark on either plug. How do I bypass TSS on this sled? Can someone please suggest some other things to try to pinpoint where electrical problem is?
(Note - I do have a 1992 model that I can get parts from). thanks for your help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi - just FYI that I found the problem ... it was the TSS. For this sled evidently both kill and tss share same wire. So... I unplugged the two (not 3) wire ‘connector’ and because I didn’t want to cut and twist the wires, I used a jumper wire to bridge across the ‘connector’ (what IS that called anyway?) it’s good now ... but no kill switch- will just use key to turn off.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Just curious on the TSS conneector, was there a yellow wire bridged with a purple or another color wire (black red)? If there is, the yellow wire is the TSS. Just snip it from the other wire. (2 into one basically)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts