Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, Could use some help here.
I am in the process of tuning up a recently purchased EXT 550 after sitting in storage for years. Took the carbs off for a through cleaning, cleaned and then reassembled. From the beginning I did not have spark. Pulled the 4 Prong to the stator, made a jumper and have beautiful spark. My gut would be the TSS?? There is some play in the thumb throttle and I've heard this is a common issue. Pulled the 3 prong plug out of the handle bars, made a jumper and still no spark. How do the magnets for the TSS need to be aligned on the carb? Could this be the problem?
Thanks for any advice! Stay Safe!

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you do not see a spark, there is an ignition problem. Remove a plug wire and insert an old spark plug or a spark plug tester into the end of the wire. Place the spark plug on a metal surface on the engine, or ground the spark plug tester to the engine. Then crank the engine to check for a spark.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help!
I was able to get spark. It was a TSS issue. I had the sensors mounted too low on the carbs. I moved them up, pulled thr plugs out, pulled it over and beautiful spark!
Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts