Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 1990 mountain with a 1991 parts sled, the mountain prowler has a seat that's torn to shreds, and for the life of me, I can't figure out how that damn seat comes off. I'm not strong enough to get it on it's side to have a look under the tunnel for bolts, but if I can find out what's holding it on, I can at least get someone with a back in better shape then mine to help me out. Any help with figuring out why I have a tail light working, but no dash lights or headlight would be appreciated as well. Thanks in advance! :)

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
I just put a new seat cover on one of mine and it had 2 bolts through the tunnel into the rear storage and 2 screws into the gas tank (on either side of the steering). Don't forget to tuck the taillight wiring into the channel under the seat when you put it back together.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll see if I can't dig out the jack and get the arse end up and have a peek, if it's that easy, maybe I can pull it off myself. Till then, it'll do for a trip out ice fishing today :) Thanks for the help, it's very much appreciated :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
There are 3 nuts on each side of the tunnel on the inside 6 nuts total.
You'll need either a 7/16", or a 3/8" deep well socket with a long enough extension to reach up inside the tunnel for the front 4 nuts, the back 2 are pretty easy to get at.

If the stud's break when you take the nuts off, you'll have to make new stud's to put in the seat pan when you re cover the seat.

Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.