Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a 90 Cougar Mountain Cat for sale. Looks just like a normal cougar to me. Doesn't look like the tunnel is longer, or the track any longer. What gives? Is there anything that makes them "mountain" or are they just tuned for higher elevation?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Found a 90 Cougar Mountain Cat for sale. Looks just like a normal cougar to me. Doesn't look like the tunnel is longer, or the track any longer. What gives? Is there anything that makes them "mountain" or are they just tuned for higher elevation?
Well back in those days, 136" tracks were considered long track sleds.

·
Registered
11,094 Posts
What ZR6000 said ^^^^^^^^. I thought maybe shorter control arms but stance was pretty narrow back then compared to nowadays.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes; it's ironic that the '86 Cheetah 530 liquid never got the moniker "Mountain Cat". Twin pipe 530 liquid with a 16 x 156 track ( strong hp for the day plus floatation). It really was the forerunner to the modern mountain sled. The 136 was however a big step from the 121's of the day for getting around in the deeper stuff... Back to the question; the mountain cat would have an extended tunnel beyond the single seat for the longer track, possible difference in gearing for the longer track and that's about it.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Do u have a pic? Also like they said 136 in track maybe 1.5 in lug some came with narrow arms and no swaybar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts