Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I got a 1990 Arctic Cat 440 Jag AFS. I got it with about 1575 Miles and a Two place open trailer for about 1K. And Ive gotten it topped out on the speedometer, and It says 90mph, but the light doesent work so I dont really know if it has anything to do with it? But anyway I was wondering if I could get a price range please??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Idigem @ Jan 8 2007, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What kind of condition? Fun Dependable sled all i can say , Trailer ...again condition?[/b]
Yea its a dependable sled, Took it up to Sault St. Marie last year logged on about 200 miles riding around Mackinaw Island and things. Shes good condition, Powder coated pipe, New skis, new track, and no scratches, or rips. The only thing I have to fix is that Spedo light and The loose belt cover nothing much :p

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I would say 5-600 for the sled. If the trailer is a steel 8*8, I would put a 3-500 dollar tag on that. $1000 would be my max for the combo.

If the trailer is a big aluminum model... that changes everything.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yup, thats about right. 600 - 700 US for the sled for sure, maybe a bit more because it has a new track. Condition and type of trailer will determine the price.

I have a 90 Jag in great shape and I would not take less than a grand CDN for it, but it has been completely done over.

Gave it to my nephew instead of selling it.

Ben

·
Registered
68 Posts
badcomputer Agreed , trailer /sled all in range money wise, then you have what it is worth to you ?? Ahhhhh Snow finally !!! Take care :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea a foot predicted but absoulutley ZERO snow, But anyway the I bought the sled and trailer both for a grand. I am the second owner, The first owners were bluehairs who used them as a touring sled.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does this snowmobile 1990 artic cat jag 440 have a battery- can you start it if it’s dead or how do I charge it?

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
This is a 13 year old thread, which doesn't matter i guess, but as for your question, you don't know if it has electric start or not? That's the only reason for a battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for that - no electric start & so appreciate the answer. We will try and get it started. Thanks much. One last question, is there anyway to add an electric start to an older machine. Thanks much!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts