Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pull the kids around with their sled but I've taken it to a shop and they don't see anything wrong. Cleaned carbs, put new plugs in, sometimes it runs smooth when throttling but most of the time "dogs out". Any obvious suggestions?

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Maybe a clutch spring could be broken, or maybe the bushings inside the primary clutch are worn making the engine bog.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Yeah, you could try the 8's and see what that does. Since you just pull the kids around in the yard, your not really getting on it enough to clean it out and heat it up much. Hotter plugs might be just the ticket. Hey, one more thing, check your choke cable free play with the choke in the "off" position, you should have about an 1/8" of play. It wouldn't hurt to pull the plunger out of the carb too, just to make sure it's clean and closing freely.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that seemed to help

now................. I've got a different problem, the bracket that holds the steering pole to the arms to the skis
(sounds confusing don't it, it has a single bolt to the frame of sled) cracked!!

This looks like (excuse my french) **** metal, better to weld if I can or look for a replacement piece?

If so where would I find a replacement piece

I'm having fun now

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts