Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Tried ordering the "elTigre" hood decals through AC, but they are discontinued, so I called a sign store. The guy came over to see the decal I had left on the hood, measured, took a pic., and made a couple of beauties for me. Wow, they're perfect, except for the thickness. The OEMs seemed to have a metal type of backing, but you'd never know. The sign guy is also a sledder, so maybe that helped.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
It's the luxury solo touring sled of it's day. I bought one new in 86. Pretty much the same sled, only the 86 had no reverse. They had the 440 liquid, and it was a bit thirsty, but went pretty good. Very similar sled to the El tigre 5000.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Arctic Cat Wildcat 650

The Wildcat 650 had an new engine from Suzuki. It was called the proper lake-racer. It outran everything, and it was world's fastest snowmobile of the year 1988.
It loves gasoline, and very much of it. And some could get troubled with the variator.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I bought that exact same sled in '88, big torque, point it and hammer down!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Found a pic of my 88 wildcat when new

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
i just bought two 88's to add to my 78 and 87 eltigres, as soon as i clean the one up i will snap a few pictures! the other one is a bit rough and is missing skis.

·
Registered
391 Posts
ok here are some pictures, it turns out the old crappy cover is the cover that came with the sleds brand new! i had no idea till i unbundled it and saw el'tigre on the side.

and hear are a few of the cover.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
snapped a few pics of my 88 6000 tiger

Attachments

21 - 32 of 32 Posts