·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Brings back some very good memories :wub:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Found this pic on eBay ... another sled that brings back some fun memories (my uncle's sled). First sled I ever rode that I made a WOT run on and made the mistake of sitting up .... helmet just about sucked off my head!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Originally posted by LabonteF7@Feb 11 2005, 10:20 AM
Found this pic on eBay ... another sled that brings back some fun memories (my uncle's sled). First sled I ever rode that I made a WOT run on and made the mistake of sitting up .... helmet just about sucked off my head!! :lol:
I've still got one of those bad boys sitting at the farm. Once the ElTigre is done, the Wildcat is getting the full resto.

The ride isn't great, but that 650 will still take my F5 on the flat and straight... and it looks mean as hell too. :p Man... I love that sled. chflagwv:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Originally posted by Wildcat88@Feb 14 2005, 09:43 AM
My wildcat is fast but i dont think it would ever take a f5 :nosnow:
Hopefully next season I'll have them both in tip-top shape. I'll put the wife on the F5 and see what the result is. Look for an update on this around Christmas 2005! :lol:

unless, of course, the F5 is gone by next Christmas........ :hot:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well The F5 smoked the Wildcat. I wasnt very far behind but the F5 just got me off the line. If the Field was a little bit longer I think I could have past him on top end. Any how I just bought a 1998 Polaris XC 700 and am going to ride that for a while. As for the Wildcat Its getting a full restore this summer. chflagwv:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Originally posted by dann@Aug 13 2005, 08:04 PM
heres my 88 wildcat 650
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
Heh. Where'd you buy that?

Got the Tom's sticker on the front.... I might know that sled.

BTW - Want a parts sled? I've got an 88 complete but no motor. I still have the carbs and heads, plus a custom cover still in great shape.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here is my 1988 Wildcat 650. Turned over 10,000 miles in the UP last winter. This summer I replaced all idler bearings, had the skid out, installed Kimpex gas shocks front and rear also replaced front skid shock and spring. New track several years ago, no studs. Rebuilt clutch for umpteeth time. Roller driven. And yes, that engine compartment has looked like that since day I bought the sled new.

What's it worth, any thoughts? Bought a new 2006 F6r this summer. Can't decide if I want to part with this trusted freind.

[attachment=75844:IMG_0334.JPG][attachment=75846:IMG_0322.JPG][attachment=75847:
10_000_o...al_miles.JPG][attachment=75848:IMG_0012_2.jpg][attachment=75850:IMG_03
28.JPG][attachment=75852:IMG_0329.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
wow 88650 that is the nicest one i have seen in a long time ! i wouldn't mind getting one of those if it was in good condition. when did you have to rebuild the motor?

·
Registered
20 Posts
The bottom end has never been apart. However the jugs have been off for a burned piston, dealer did not lock-tite on oil pump bolts,which came off on first ride after recall work. And for piston ring breakage years ago. Also replaced chain and upper gear in chaincase a few years ago.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here are some pics of my 88 EL Tigre 5000 I am just finishing up on the restoration. It’s not completely stock because I like to give my machines their own personality.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I picked up an 88 El tigre 6000 recently to supplement my 78 Cheetah for vintage riding. Had a 80 6000, always wanted an 88. Chassis is very nice, hood decent, with a few webs in it. Suspension very good. Engine runs good, will pull apart to freshen up. The seat is a total loss, no sponge or tail light. I'm going to look around on E-bay, and look for a local parts sled to get what I need over the summer. I now have 3 sleds, can only drive one at a time, but still find myself looking at other vintage ones. I think this is replacing my drinking and chasing women days of my youth.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts