Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an 1987 Panther 500 FC with a blown engine. I’ve purchased the stock repair manual and needed parts to get the engine together but need help with the fuel system.
All of the fuel lines are completely disintegrated, no pieces larger than 3”. I have a general idea where most of them go but there are a few vent lines that I have no idea where they ran. The parts break downs and repair manual don’t give enough detail to build the whole system.
If anyone has a diagram or a machine they could draw one from, it would be a huge help!

Thanks!
Bill

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I picked up an 1987 Panther 500 FC with a blown engine. I’ve purchased the stock repair manual and needed parts to get the engine together but need help with the fuel system.
All of the fuel lines are completely disintegrated, no pieces larger than 3”. I have a general idea where most of them go but there are a few vent lines that I have no idea where they ran. The parts break downs and repair manual don’t give enough detail to build the whole system.
If anyone has a diagram or a machine they could draw one from, it would be a huge help!

Thanks!
Bill
You just wing it. Go down to your snowmobile parts store or get on line. Get about 10 ft. of Yellow Tygon 3/16 fuel line stays the softest longest. Have your gas tank drained. The nipple on the bottom front unscrew that. and pull it out.
Put a piece of fuel line on it with the weight/strainer to reach almost to the rear of the tank screw back in
On the other end put fuel line to reach the fuel pump, put a filter on that line, the pump will have arrows on the face pointing in or out. Plug it to an arrow pointing in
On an arrow pointing out run that up to the carb
The small vent line out of the tank runs along to the steering support then down to the foot well area just left open
There are vent line from the carb they run into the belly pan and left open

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You just wing it. Go down to your snowmobile parts store or get on line. Get about 10 ft. of Yellow Tygon 3/16 fuel line stays the softest longest. Have your gas tank drained. The nipple on the bottom front unscrew that. and pull it out.
Put a piece of fuel line on it with the weight/strainer to reach almost to the rear of the tank screw back in
On the other end put fuel line to reach the fuel pump, put a filter on that line, the pump will have arrows on the face pointing in or out. Plug it to an arrow pointing in
On an arrow pointing out run that up to the carb
The small vent line out of the tank runs along to the steering support then down to the foot well area just left open
There are vent line from the carb they run into the belly pan and left open
Thanks, this is basically the route I was taking except I have to cut in a primer line after the fuel filter.
I was stumped by the two 1/8” lines running under the top of the cowling but I believe 1 is fuel vent the other is oil vent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts