Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1986 Arctic cat jag 440 problems

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  walleye34 
#1 ·
Sled starts on first or second pull, compression is great, idles fine, however when you get up to about half throttle it starts to bog down and almost dies, backfires, sputters, it will stay going off the primer. If I stop and let it idle for a minute or so then you can take off full throttle for about 100 yards before it bogs again. Seems to me like the bowl is running out of fuel at higher throttle. If you just hold a steady quarter throttle it will takeoff then bog, then take off again, then bog. The inline filter looks almost empty when I pop the hood, its a new filter, all new gas line, clean tank, carb has been cleaned 3 times this year. Only thing that is not new or taken apart is the fuel pump and pulser line. Any input would be appreciated. I am going to change the pulser line next and clean or buy a new fuel pump.

#2 ·
If it is not the pump or pulse line it could be the float setting in the carb. Make sure the vent line is not obstructed either. you can tell if it is that by cracking the cap when you riding. Is the airbox in let clear? Are there any exhaust obstructions

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.