Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering about my sled. It says artco industries and the date is oct 83. now if im right this makes it an 1984 model. just wondering if there were very many of these made, since they were out of buisness in 82 to 83. what would a sled like this be worth, in average condition?

·
Registered
190 Posts
It certainly sounds like an '84. Arctco made two models in 1984.... the Panther and the El Tigre'.

In total, Arctco made about 2,700 sleds fot the 1984 season. How many were Panthers vs. El Tigre's I am not sure. It depends on the condition of the sled.... But they are collectors items.

Check out the following link to see both the '84 Tigers and Panthers:
http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1003

·
Registered
4 Posts
84 El Tigre

I talked to Joey Holdstrum last year and he said there were about 1200 El Tigres made in 84 Here's a pic from Thief River Falls of my 84

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
I talked to Joey Holdstrum last year and he said there were about 1200 El Tigres made in 84 Here's a pic from Thief River Falls of my 84
I bought an 84 in 2002 for 400$ ,restored it to brand new,i have 3000$ invested! I race it in vintage grass drags and usually win all the time!!!The world.s fastest in 1981!!Cat happy

·
Registered
44 Posts
84 eltigre

Gotta love those 1984 6000's! I have one and so do my three brothers. Its alot of fun. And yes they are FAST.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
davey, WOW, that's a hell of a collection! I can't imagine seeing 4 of those beauties together.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey 84 eltigre fans - there's a fun little article about the 1984 musclesled shootout on the arcticinsider.com site.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi guys.

I just acquired an 84 Tigre. I plan to restore it to the best of my abilities. To that end, does anyone know where I can get a windshield? I am told they are specific to the 84 Tigre and the 85 Pantera. And if there was an nos seat cover out there, I am a buyer.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Into thousand two I just ordered a new windshield for the 84 LTigre and it came in through Arctic Cat Dealer I have a brand-new windshield I never put on it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts