Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1984 arctic cat el tigre 6000. whats it worth

16K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  DHaines 
#1 ·
84 el tigre 6000. its got a tear in the back were the pouch in the seat opens up. the hood is cracked were the hinge is so the hood dont work.(just comes all the way off when working. other than that hood is in good shape) few tears were the seat buttons on by the console. the track is good. it needs carbides. engine needs some work. i had went and bought a engine that was saposedly rebuilt and put in it. ran for about 30 miles and blew a hole through the piston. put in a nother piston and rings, but got 70lbs comp on that side. other side has around 110-115. comes with a parts engine.

what would this be worth????? i got about 300$ into the engine. but im guessin the cylinder needs to be honed or a different one put in....

#6 ·
Completely off subject.... But man that collection of games looks awesome! Off road is one of the most fun games of all time!

#10 ·
old thread but same topic what is a 1984 el tigre in mint condition worth
the word "MINT" seems to have about 1,000 different meanings in the vintage sled world. The 84 tigre is a fairly rare sled. Cat made 2,700 sleds that first year back. From what I have heard, most of those were tigres, but some Panthers were built as well.

I would have trouble paying $1k-$1200 for a "mint" 84 tigre, but some people might pay over $2k. Location also matters, it seems east coast sleds bring 25% more then something in the midwest.

Now if there was a truely mint, 1 owner sled with 400 miles on it that has been in a garage under a tarp its whole life, it would maybe bring $2k+ I dunno but I wouldnt own it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.