Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 1981 Jag, bought it new, and I want to rebuild the carb and also go thru it and put it back on the trails. It's in pretty good shape but won't start; I have Mikuni Tuning and another Mikuni manual. What I'd love to get my hands on is a 1981 Jag Shop Manual. Are these still available? I also have a 1980 Lynx it did start this year but needs carb work too and I do have the shop manual for it. thanks, Douglas

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have two 80 jags and have gotten a ton of parts from Ebay and from CountryCat.net The manual I got from Ebay ($20.00) I have found that carb parts are hit or miss. I needed a new throttle cable for mine and had to wait until it came on ebay to get one. Are you positive that you can't soak your carb overnight to clean it up instead of just replacing parts? I have soaked both of mine and they clean up like brand new. Just keep a mental note of where your jet screws are positioned before you pull the carb to make re-tuning easier for you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Below is a link to a Clymer vintage manual site that may be of help.
Also most times the carb just needs cleaning by soaking in a carb cleaner such as BERRYMAN carb and cold parts cleaner, if you google this product you can find out where to purchase it. But do not place any thing other than metal parts in it it will eat them. Without a book for reassembly you can take pictures as you diassemble it to help.

Vintage Snowmobiles, Volume 1

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got two different Mikuni manuals, so I think
I have that covered. My intention is to completely
disassemble and soak/clean/boil the carbs and put back
in service. I'd also like to go over the complete sled to
address any other issues, hence my search for a 1981
Jag shop manual. There must have been some history
in 1980/81 Arctic Cat seems like those years are missing