Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new CDI from Royal for my 1980 Lynx. They assure me that this is the correct CDI for my sled except the plug connectors don't connect. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the sled so I can splice the wires together and get the sled running.

Thanks!

·
Registered
474 Posts
I got a new CDI from Royal for my 1980 Lynx. They assure me that this is the correct CDI for my sled except the plug connectors don't connect. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the sled so I can splice the wires together and get the sled running.

Thanks!
Two engines were made for the 1980 Lynx. You have the 275cc twin or the 250 single? I have the wiring diagrams here, just not scanned. I can do that via email tomorrow. (I'm home today.)

·
Registered
619 Posts
Something about this doesn't sound right to me. If it was the correct CDI it should plug right in to your existing harness. The only other thing I can think of is somebody swapped engines or stators in your sled along the way? It can get confusing walking through the Cat normally open/normally closed ignition maze, and you can't mix parts between the two systems. Maybe start with checking the model number of your engine on Brown's just to make sure you still have the original engine? I'm just throwing ideas out there - I'm kind of shooting in the dark here...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Two engines were made for the 1980 Lynx. You have the 275cc twin or the 250 single? I have the wiring diagrams here, just not scanned. I can do that via email tomorrow. (I'm home today.)
Hey,
Thanks for the reply, this machine has been bugging me.
It is a 275 twin engine.
Still got that wiring diagram I could look at?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Seeing as you say you got it from Royal, and the plug connectors are wrong .... take it back. It should have the correct connectors on it if it's the right one.

Sounds like typical Royal. Which store did you get it from ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts