Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have a few questions regarding the one sled I have that isn't runing right (my 80' AC Lynx 2000/t). I haven't had time to tinker much with it, since it has been in NY for a while and I live in MA (parents have land in NY keep it indoors there). Now that my father and I are planning to build a snowmobile dirve in drive out storage barn, I am trying to get this one ready for winter too.

I am wondering, if the cran seals are bad and would that be why it bogs out, even after new gas lines and a fresh carb cleaning? If that's the case, should I look into doing what I always wanted to do, and throw in a 340 free air engine instead?

Would it be possible to put a 340 f/a or even a 500 f/a as a mod for this old sled.?

·
Premium Member
6,107 Posts
Hello everyone. I have a few questions regarding the one sled I have that isn't runing right (my 80' AC Lynx 2000/t). I haven't had time to tinker much with it, since it has been in NY for a while and I live in MA (parents have land in NY keep it indoors there). Now that my father and I are planning to build a snowmobile dirve in drive out storage barn, I am trying to get this one ready for winter too.

I am wondering, if the cran seals are bad and would that be why it bogs out, even after new gas lines and a fresh carb cleaning? If that's the case, should I look into doing what I always wanted to do, and throw in a 340 free air engine instead?

Would it be possible to put a 340 f/a or even a 500 f/a as a mod for this old sled.?
Anything is possible with the right tools but I dobt the seals are bad in the engine.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I have seen bad seals in spirit motors. The 340 f/a "should" have the same bolt pattern as the 2000 and the exhaust should just about mate right up. the 500, I know has a wider/ deeper bolt pattern and would require you add to the motor plate and then drill new holes. unless you have the 500 motor plate. Then your modifying exhaust too. See...I went the other way. My 79 panther had a 500. I dropped in a 340 f/a.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.