Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
buddy has a 1980 el tigre and he cant get the clutch off. he's sprayed pb blaster and tried using a regular 3 arm puller. suggested using a regular clutch puller but what clutch puller would it be?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Any puller for the AC hex-shaft clutches... '73-'93. :beer_cheers:

Specs:
6.75" Long
Thread Size = 9/16" - 18
Thread length = 1.75"

·
Registered
199 Posts
5000 would be a hex clutch- Cat puller # 0644-010
6000 would be a Comet clutch- Cat puller # 0644-100

Maybe a dealer or repair shop could help you out if you don't want to buy one or are unsure what you have.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looked at the clutch today and its not the stock clutch. the clutch that is on there is called quik shift. i have never heard or seen such a clutch.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Buy a bolt the same size and threads as your puller about 3 inches long.Cover the threads with 2 0r 3 layers of teflon tape(white plumbers tape) making sure it is wound so it wont come off when you thread it on.Tilt your sled on its side and fill your clutch with Hydraulic oil (power steering or tranny oil is good),Then screw on your bolt.Keep on screwing till it gets really tight making sure the oil is not coming out through the thread.Sometimes it pops out just by screwing the bolt in and if not take out your small propane torch and heat your clutch shaft slowly.The oil will build pressure and your clutch will pop off.Make sure to stand aside sometimes she'll pop of pretty strong.I have been doing this for years now and is the best way to remove a clutch.Never any damage.
Grabed from another post. But i do it thas way on all of my sleds and like it says never a problem

·
Registered
199 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (here kitty kitty @ Jan 25 2007, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
looked at the clutch today and its not the stock clutch. the clutch that is on there is called quik shift. i have never heard or seen such a clutch.[/b]
You can get Quik Shift pullers and parts here- www.receng.com.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts