Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
Just out of curiousity....Aren't they both 1979 ?. If so, How come one has the headlight right in the middle and the other is a bit off the middle ?. Care to explain so I can learn about them sleds. Not an Arctic Cat fanatic in the past til now starting off my 1999 ZR500 then onto two F7's. Thanks. thumbguy

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
The one on the left is an El tigré 6000, a 440cc Liquid cooled engine, the radiator vents are just below the windsheild. It also has the tunnel heat echangers.

The one on the right is an El tigré 5000, a 500cc Free Air, the cooling comes in right in front of the cylinders.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Nice pair of sleds! Funny, we were inspecting a construction project in Hallock, MN a couple of years ago, and it looked like the same pair we saw every day up there, parked next to the Cenex station. It would be too funny if they're yours! :lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here is another of my 79 Jag F/A, this machine has not been restored and is in orginal condition. This year I am polishing the running boards and that is about it, otherwise it is real clean (I think).
Later,
Pat

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
1979 El Tigre Cross Country
Bored, milled head,Nitros Oxide, polished heads and ports,Thermocouple on exhaust (measure exhaust temps), tuned exhaust - found in barn in March 2005 - last driven in 1981. Owner (85 yaears old today)and father-in-law said in 1980 the snowmobile was timed at 122mph. Purchased in March 2005 for $400. No rust, dents, scratches, thread loose on the seat - starts on second pull has 1000 miles on it. Driven only in 1979 through 1981. Cool sled. Check out the metallic green paint and seat . Also the external catelever suspension, the thing is in showroom condition.

·
Registered
49 Posts
eltigrecrosscountry.......... that's one real nice find!...... and for that price! .... enjoy, but if you ever want to sell (?)

·
Registered
48 Posts
thunder -
how fast have you had the 220 hp up two. The claim on my sled is 122 mph but I hav some doubts even though the motor has been modified. Pass on some detail about your motor in detail if possible (turbo, nitros, cubic inches)

See ya

·
Registered
39 Posts
thunder -
how fast have you had the 220 hp up two. The claim on my sled is 122 mph but I hav some doubts even though the motor has been modified. Pass on some detail about your motor in detail if possible (turbo, nitros, cubic inches)

It's a mike knapp ported 900 t -cat motor 220hp psi pipes tuned to run 9800-9900rpm
the chain case was dropped and rolled back to fit 1.20 woody ice picks
44mm carbs v force reeds with a 93 ignition .It has a 121 inch track and suspension out of a 99 T-cat.The last time out It ran 129.6 and ran out of gear have to wait for ice it's been along summer

·
Registered
48 Posts
WHAT WAS THE COST AND SHOP THAT DID THE WORK....BEING MARRIED HOPEFULLY IT WAS UNDER $20......IF NOT .....HOW FAST....?

ANYHOW...WE FIRED UP ELTIGRE TONIGHT AND TONS OF SMOKE WAS PORING OUT BUT IT SOUNDED CRAZY. WE REMOVED THE CARBS AND TONS OF SLUDGE CAME OUT..WE.USED M12 ( FROM GARY INDIANA) TO CLEAN IT OUT.

MY LIFE IS SLOW ANYHOW....I HAVE A 2000 FORD TAURUS THAT HITS 110 MPH AND A VOLVO TURBO WAGON AT 132 MPH AND GETS 22 TO THE GALLON AT THAT SPEED.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts