Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been told this might not be the correct hood for this sled. Looked it up on browns but cannot find one that looks like this. Some jags are close but not exact. Any help would be appreciated.

[attachment=61631:ace1.jpg][attachment=61632:ace2.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
It is correct.

In this pic, the left sled is a '79 ElTigre 6000 (as shown in Browns), the one on the right is a '79 ElTigre 5000. Browns has different part numbers listed, although the pics are the same. Possibly an oversight on their part, or possibly on AC's part back in the late 70s.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ACman06 @ Jan 23 2007, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
WK,

I put a new bulb in and my headlight exploded!!! :lol: Must be the wiring. :beer_cheers:[/b]
Oops... I did have a few beers before I started! :beer_cheers:

(Seriously? It fricken exploded?) :eek:

·
Administrator
7,990 Posts
Those sleds had an external voltage regulator, it's located near your right foot well inside the hood, its square if I remember right, and has 2 or 3 wires on it. I used to own a 78 El Tigre 6000. great sled back in the days. I had to put 1 of those regulators on it, after about 4 headlight bulbs exploded.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey wicked king, Nice 6000 i have the same thing all original in great shape that only sees the sun for radars and drags. that one looks real nice, just had to say hello cause i dont ever see any 79 6000's but anyways good lookin set of tigers, Keepem Screamin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.