Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got some snow here in Nebraska, so I pulled out the El Tigre! I rode it for a little while, nothing too insane. Multiple times I shut it off for a few minutes up to a half hour, and it started up with a half-pull each time. One time, however, it just wouldn't start. I tried it multiple times, both with and without the choke. The light starts to come on, but it won't catch at all. The carburetors are getting fuel, and it has spark. I'm waiting half an hour and will try it again, but I don't know what to do if it still doesn't work. The only thing I can think of is a clogged carburetor, but wouldn't it be able to at least start with only one carb working? I highly doubt that both would have suddenly become clogged. Any ideas or input would be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I disassembled and cleaned both carburetors and that seemed to do the trick. Its not running exactly the same as it was, but I can't tell if its better or worse. Tomorrow I'll get out and do some testing and make adjustments as needed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.