Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks, I am having starting issues with this sled, Had the carbs clean and rebuilt (jets are correct for my location) Gas is getting to the carbs, and the plugs are sparking...Still no starting. I am unsure where the outside carb adjustments are supposed to be (I have not messed with them since having them cleaned). Not sure what else to do to get this beast going. Any ideas?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have the same sled as you do, what a fine machine! Does it ever pop at all or are you getting nothing? If nothing is happening you might have a killswitch issue or something like that. As far as carburetor settings go, after you try to start it are the spark plugs pretty wet? I have had trouble before where it would refuse to pop even once because it was flooding immediately. If they are completely dry, that means that fuel is not getting from the carburetors to the chamber.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly I have had that sled for 6 years and have only gotten a few good rides on it. Used to have an overheating issue. So I am looking forward to getting it going because I think I solved that issue.... But No, it doesn't even pop at all. the plugs do look wet, so it may be flooding right away. But I haven't ran the sled too much in the last few years so that kill switch could be an issue too, wires may have deteriorated or something. Do i need to buy a new switch or is there a way to fix or bypass that switch to get it running?

·
Registered
43 Posts
When new they came with a little metal wire clip with a little string attatched. You inserted in both ends of the wire to bypass the switch. Just take a heavy guage wire connect to both ends of the wire and tape. This will bypass the switch.Good luck, Dave.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah it sounds like your best bet at this point is bypassing the switch. If that doesn't work, take the plugs out and dry them off completely. Put them back in and give it one really good pull. Even if it is flooding you can generally get it to pop once.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was indeed the kill swith, bypassed it with a wire and she start right up and runs awesome...only issue now is the throttle is sticking in one carb it seems so it revs up real high til you can knock it back down. Pretty intense.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Glad to hear that you got it running! I've never had any problems with the throttle so I don't really know what to tell you there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, got everything figured out got it running! rode a few miles and it bogged down and died. and has been doing it continually now. One spark plug boot is not staying on properly and needs to be replaced, Can i just splice a new wire/boot to the wire that is currently there? any other ideas why it could be doing this?

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Ok, got everything figured out got it running! rode a few miles and it bogged down and died. and has been doing it continually now. One spark plug boot is not staying on properly and needs to be replaced, Can i just splice a new wire/boot to the wire that is currently there? any other ideas why it could be doing this?
They wear out like that. Get a sharp box cutter razor knife. Pull the cap off the wire and cut about 1/4 inch off the wire. Then push/twist the cap back on the fresh cut wire

1 - 9 of 9 Posts