Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if you guys could give me some info. on this sled.
its buried in a snowbank,was wondering if its worth bringing home? i like the old cats buy dont
know much about them. i can get it cheap but i wont bother if parts are going to be hard to get.
looks like it needs lots of tlc, thanks.
gregg

·
Registered
103 Posts
I say go for it !!! I have two and there seems to be tons of parts and whole parts sled around. the 500 f/a is a stong mill for that light chassis and they don't ride too bad either good luck!!

·
Registered
656 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lovemy79.6000 @ Feb 26 2007, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I say go for it !!! I have two and there seems to be tons of parts and whole parts sled around. the 500 f/a is a stong mill for that light chassis and they don't ride too bad either good luck!![/b]

The Panther will have the fan cooled 500 in it, not the free air motor like in the Pantera/El Tigre...

·
Registered
103 Posts
The Panther will have the fan cooled 500 in it, not the free air motor like in the Pantera/El Tigre...
[/quote]

yep I misread as pantera sorry bout that i'm a little slow :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have an old friend that lives in Ware. Haven't been out there in a while...

I have a '78 Pantera that was in an ugly rollover several years ago. I'm slowly working on getting all the stuff I need to put it back together as a '76 Cross Country Cat clone, but with a 6 port 500 F/A.

I need a couple of small tunnel pieces, at the back of the footboards, which curve up and form part of the rear panel. Have drill, will travel! ;>) I might be interested in a couple of body pieces, too, if they're in better shape than mine. Are you in a huge rush to get rid of the sled?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm kinda in a hurry because I want to get them off the trailer so I can work on that. The body isn't bad....mostly fadded. I think the tunnel pieces are good. Like I say, theres 2 to choose from.
I sent you a PM.
green

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.