1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
72 panther

·
Registered
6 Posts
1972 Lynx 292. This sled has less than 500 miles on it and is a non-restored all original piece of vintage iron. Has hand warmers and electric start along with the original cover. thumbguy

Attachments

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1972 was the first year of the Kitty Cat.

The Kitty Cats were not in the regular brochure in 1972, but Cat put out a special pamphlat just for the Kitty Cat.

This is the front and back page of the pamphlat.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Oh man! Does this page bring back memories!!
I can still remember sitting at the breakfast table with my Dad looking
at that pamphlet. He wanted that Panther sooo badly. Fun times!
Thanks for posting those pics Marc. Not worthy: :sledder:

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
:wub: Always liked the old Arctic Cat sled's cleat track throwing up snow in the air when I was riding Ski-Doo back in the early 70's....Now, I'm a proud owner of 2 F7's. Will keep them til they become Vintage later. Thanks to my buddy, catrider56 (Dana) who got me into Cat. thumbguy

Bring on more !...

·
Registered
199 Posts
This was my first sled. 1972 440 EXT the decals said 400 but it was a 440 Kow. Twin pipes Molded "Goodyear" Track Mint!! It didn't even have a headlight or taillights I had to add them to ride it around . In fact a tag on the tunnel stated "This snowmobileis a race sled and is not intended for normal or recreational use" I was young @ the time (11) and didn't reliaze what I had. I blew the track and sold it for $200 bucks. I've seen Ed's vintage sleds sell these for the price of new ones. Crazy. This thing was a rocket and very loud with the twin "tuners" I have more pictures somewhere if I find em I'll post em! :bosscat

:purpaw: :purpaw: :purpaw: :purpaw:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts