Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a 1972 340 EXT . But do not know if it really has the correct engine in it. So far I have only seen the pictures of it. So, somebody out there must know if the 1972 EXT 340 had a 2 spark plug engine, or a 4 spark plug engine ?
Thanks for your help Cat happy

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have not got the motor yet. So, I can not give a engine number. But have been told that Artic Cat did make one thousand 340 EXT's in 1972. And that they had the single plug heads. Thanks for your help folks.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Should have the T1A340RS1A (or similar) engine with single plug heads. Serial number starts with a 2. 1973 EXT 340 had the T7A340RX engines with twin plug heads. All the 1973 EXT engines are twin plug heads and so is the Formula 2 290. Serial number on 73's starts with a three. None of the original 1972 EXT engines were twin plug, even the triples were single plugs. But a lot of the 1972 EXT's got raced into later years and updated with newer engines. Cat even had manuals that gave tips on how to do it. It's up to the restorer to decide how far he wants to take the sled back.

My .02. Have a happy...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts