Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might purchase a 1970 panther with a 303cc wankel. Says it starts and runs great. Does anyone know if this is a good engine for a vintage or is it worthless.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Any motor that runs great and is 39 years old has to be a good motor, how is the rest of the sled?

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
If I lived in or near minneapolis I would be all over that sled! Looks pretty damn clean, go get it.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
See that what I am saying, and if he is only asking $500 i could probably get it for $450 cash in hand. Looks great in the pictures and the wankel is a rare engine in a snowmobile so I may just have to hit him up. Would love to do some vintage riding this winter. A few riding buddies have vintage and say its a blast. May need a back brace though. Those old sleds are ground pounders!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
My older sister and her husband had one back in the day. Neat sound, some of them had a problem with vapor locking at the carb(many of our fathers stood stood next to them whizzing on the carbs to thaw them out, ish). Parts are scarce.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah i hear that! Parts got to be scarce and if you find them you will pay. I just love the fact of a wankle engine. Great conversation piece it would be.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kopeck @ Nov 18 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The Wankle is a classic, it's like nothing else that's ever been in a sled.

I would buy it just because it has a Wankle.

K[/b]
Way to go to be a supporting member! I just joined an hour ago. never knew i could till then. This site has helped me out tones and I am proud to contribute to make it better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts