Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a snowmobile magazine and they have dyno numbers on the new 800 Doo and its 155hp and some change, looks like Cat is gonna need to step it up, sounds like they tune em down for epa, but DOO's are making it somehow.. Its more hp than the 900...wtf badcomputer

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
That's only the mountain sled. The trail version is still 145ish.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thats because the mountain sled has the new 800r twin and the trail sled still has the 800HO motor. The new 800r motors have liquid cooled crank cases, new reed valves, and mono-block head and cylinders.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ZRT Imp Stk 600 @ Jan 25 2007, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thats because the mountain sled has the new 800r twin and the trail sled still has the 800HO motor. The new 800r motors have liquid cooled crank cases, new reed valves, and mono-block head and cylinders.[/b]
So then if the CC is liquid cooled not fule cooled, they can likely run the engine alot leaner.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
My thoughts are to let them spend all that money on R&D. They are helping the industry as a whole and are doing a great job at keeping 2 strokes alive and well. Other manufacturers can take some of their ideas and make even better sleds. Good for everyone. I admire what they DOO, but I would not spend the extra cash just to own one. Cat will have their version of super clean 2 strokes soon enough, and that will keep this sledder happy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had pleasure last weekend of having a DOO rider and his girlfriend eat my 2006 Stock F7 EFI for lunch on lake memphamagog. from 30 mph to around 105mph that DOO and its two riders we gone out of the gate and I never really closed the gap on them....

Maybe the DOO was on steriod's? Head-to-Head can an F7 run with the 800 MXZ?

·
Registered
788 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (masshole @ Feb 10 2007, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I had pleasure last weekend of having a DOO rider and his girlfriend eat my 2006 Stock F7 EFI for lunch on lake memphamagog. from 30 mph to around 105mph that DOO and its two riders we gone out of the gate and I never really closed the gap on them....

Maybe the DOO was on steriod's? Head-to-Head can an F7 run with the 800 MXZ?[/b]
Absolutely. My F7 will run with an 800MXZ all day. I won't say I beat them all, but I definitely win my fair share of races. Rockerdude

·
Registered
153 Posts
Dude the 05 ZR 900 has 150hp only 5hp diff, No biggie :thumbsup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (»Â°Ĉ« FĩŘЁ& @ Feb 12 2007, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Dude the 05 ZR 900 has 150hp only 5hp diff, No biggie :thumbsup:[/b]
Well then when you take into consideration the 900 is really only ~862cc (IIRC) That makes that difference even less of a big deal Rockerdude

1 - 11 of 11 Posts