Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think it's supposed to be about 2 1/2" slack with 10 pounds pull (it says in the manual), which is about where mine is...but I noticed my track tightens up when the suspension is about 2/3 compressed. I'd like to loosen up the track tension so I get full travel, but I don't know how far I can go before stabbing becomes an issue. Anyone stab one yet?? And if you did, how loose was your track??

·
Registered
88 Posts
To get full travel, install a front torque arm relocation bracket. I just bought one and am going to put it in Monday. It frees up the suspension so you can have full travel without the track tightening up. Mine is from Holz racing and it was $69.00

·
Registered
140 Posts
With the Holz Bracket run 1.5-2 inches of sag measured with no weight. Without the Holz run 2.5-3 inches of sag. Basically, you need to run as loose as you can without ratcheting.

·
Registered
74 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Carbon Dreams @ Jan 20 2007, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
With the Holz Bracket run 1.5-2 inches of sag measured with no weight. Without the Holz run 2.5-3 inches of sag. Basically, you need to run as loose as you can without ratcheting.[/b]

Thanks for the info. I'm still running 3" in mine with the brackets installed. I'll snug it up a bit.

:beer_cheers:

·
Registered
101 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SwePerformance @ Jan 22 2007, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I need the holzsetup for my M7, but holz does not answer my mails. :boohoo:[/b]

This what you're looking for

holz relocation kit

I don't have one on my M7, but I have been thinking about it. What else do these do besides clear up the track tension issue? I don't mind running mine a little loose and haven't had any problems doing so. I do have the 141 though, does that make a difference?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts