Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am planning on puttin a 144'' on my 136'' crossfire..anyone put a 144 extension on or are you running a 144'' complete skid? i do both ditch banging and out west in mountains too..my concerns with the rail extensions are bending them when riding the ditches and landing on ass end and bending..whats your guys input on this..i would reall like to put the whole skid on but having problems finding one for sale..anyone know of any place you can purchase the complete skid...also anyone having any trouble with running the rail extensions and having them bend? i ride somewhat aggressive and am hard on **** so i was just wondering..thanx alot for the info

·
Registered
240 Posts
i ran a tracks USA extension on my zr for 3 seasons and had no problems. I think if you slamed it on the tail with or with out you may have some problems. i just put the tracks USA extension on my 06 CF7 with a 2 inch challenger. Its a pretty short extension so i really dont thing it would be weak.

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
unless a few hundred is a big problem, get the float conversion kit from AC, and a set of 141 or 144 rails. the 141 PC will destroy any comparable 144 btw.

the float skid saves weight & works great.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where are you guys gettin the complete skids from? im havin a heck of a time finding them..i would like to put that on but just cant find one

·
Registered
205 Posts
you can get the flaot conmv from any dealer , you can find them for about 640 .. i think you can use all your other parts , front arm ect to finish the conversion , but you will need the rails ,, not 100 % on the fron t arm , but the front shock will work

·
Registered
26 Posts
i went to 144" with 1 3/4 back country track and it's awesome!!! I got the track and rail extentions from Tracks USA and have had no problems yet. The people at Tracks USA are great to deal with too.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no problemsn rubbin or any other issues of having to switch anthing? just attatch and put back together and ride?? how much of a task was it?? thanx alot

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think so from what i hear from everyone else..im still debating whether to go to the 144 with a 1 3/4 paddle or keep the 136 and put a bigger paddle on it..

·
Registered
38 Posts
144 gives you more track choice's, if you use the ac 8''two wheel kit it's close to a 141 in length. If you go with a 2'' paddle or 1''3/4 with studs you need to get the m-series drop brackets to get the clearance, they pop rivet into the same holes. I dropped a gear ratio to pull over the longer track. Ice Age mfg will make rails that will bolt in no mods. If you ride alot of twisty trails to get to the goods ask for tipped up rails. have pics if needed, looks sick.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ive done research and other ppl that have put the bigger paddles on there crossfire said it worked with no rubbin whatsoever and the clearance is still good..hmmm..everyone says they will work under a crossfire with no rubbing..lets see pics of ur sled

·
Registered
339 Posts
well the black sled in my avatar had a 2" paddle under it with no drop bracket modification. I did do it this year along with other mods. i'll look for some pics so you can actually see it from last winter but im not sure if i have any that show the track in their really well. It works tho! good stuff!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts